We invite proposals for individual papers (20 minutes) on any topics related to the conference theme “Rethinking Sound,” broadly defined. Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
- Historical/cultural/geographical soundscapes
- History of listening
- Human-computer interaction (HCI) with sound
- Mediated sound/listening
- Sound and disability studies
- Sound and ethics
- Sound and film
- Sound and gender
- Sound and noise within/outside musical works
- Sound and subjectivity/identity
- Sound and the body
- Sound in video games
- Sound, space, and mobility
We welcome proposals from scholars and practitioners as well as early-career researchers and graduate students working in all musicological disciplines.
Submissions, in English, should comprise a paper title, an abstract of up to 250 words, and a short biography of about 150 words. Please email submissions in PDF or Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org by 31 December 2017.